Monday, April 23, 2007

Exposure 2

For reasons of which the correctness and completeness may be, and are doubted, comments left upon the previous post encourage me to try and explain some things.
For many a years this soul has had this state of uncertainty and only in the past few months has it had the chance to approach itself with less fear; thus you may see it now, as more honest and truthful to those close to him. He has feared the exposure of the depth of his mind and feelings for over ten years at the least.
While reading Exposure, you might have noticed, and it was noticed, that there was the use of many “I”s; thus an important question arose : Who is “I”?
The question might come in contrast to another question, more frequently asked: Who am I? The latter asked by “I”, while one may definitely question of who is asking “Who is “I”?”
“I” is scared, fearful, ashamed, angry, and a lot lot more, and in Exposure it is “I” trying to solve the problem of his shame and fear, he is seeking an answer to his question, in hope of decreasing his fright, anger, shame, and pain, or maybe getting rid of it all, to live happily, secure with bravery, tender feelings and no pain.
Yet again, who is “I”?
Without doubt the question “Who am I?” is asked by I, so the first question free of “I” is “Who is “I”?”. Other questions, also free of “I” and maybe somewhat prior to the afore mentioned are: What is fear? What is shame? What is anger?

3 comments:

محمد علی‌نیا said...

I got nothing form your post, I'm confused !

Ali Soltani said...

Maybe this will help you out of the confusion I've brought upon you: Exposure was an attempt to solve my fear, yet it was ruined by the fact that the solver of the problem was the problem himself; thus Exposure 2 is an attempt to approach the "I", the problem, without his interference . At this attempt other questions arose.
consider this example: A person who thinks he is jealous and wants to rid himself of that jealousy is being jealous while he tries not to be jealous because he is jealous of the non-jealous illusion he has of himself in his mind. So the attempt to get rid of jealousy is jealousy in itself. I hope it is clear now. Exposure 3 is to come, and it will try to take a look at the depth and roots of what fear, anger, and even pleasure are. Your contribution means a lot.

محمد علی‌نیا said...

Now I'm getting something !